Friday, February 15, 2008

Exciting new plans

This next week I will be going to La Paz to attend a conference where John Paul Lederach will be speaking! JP Lederach is a well known scholar in Peace and Reconciliation work. I am, to say the least, thrilled to be able to attend! Also, while there the hope is that MCC Bolivia will be able to network with other NGOs working in the west of the country that share MCC's core values.

Another exciting development is that I may have the opportunity to study Quechua for a couple of weeks. Quechua is one of Bolivia's many indigenous languages, and although I am not certain how much I would be able to use it, the idea of learning another language, especially an indigenous language, is very appealing.

Also, my housing situation will remain as is until early March when I will be moving into the house across the street from the MCC office. Although I would prefer to live in a barrio, for the time being this move makes sense and will be convenient transition while I am learning my assignment duties. It is very likely that this will change later in the fall, but that is yet to be seen.

No comments: