Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bolivia at last!

After an exhausting day of loooooooooong layovers I have finally arrived in Bolivia where I was greeted by the Bolivian team with a little reception of "SalteƱas" - a tipical food here reminiscent of hard empanadas made with a sweet chicken and potato filling - something new and interesting for me. After a round of introductions (sound familiar?? ;), it was off to the office for some logistics and lunch is next on the menu. After a warm afternoon siesta, I´ll be off to explore my new home town of Santa Cruz, a bustling city of + 1 million people.

2 comments:

Dan Shetler said...

How was the texture and where are the pictures?

Laura Ann said...

texture... was definitely like a warm fortune cookie. not great. not terrible - mas o menos. oh, and pictures WILL be coming (if my camara doesn´t get stolen - i´ve been hearing horror stories about that all day today...