Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A tribute to the Smucker Women

I have been blessed to be a part of a family of beautiful, feisty women. They are fantastic cooks, comics and scrabble players, each with her own unique gifts and styles.

My grandmother, Hazel Smucker, is a rambunctious young lady with a contagious laugh that makes her easy to find even before you spot her. She is a fantastic cook whose recipes have never failed me, regardless of what country I'm in. Her scrabble prowess is well renowned as is her quick witt. She's in better shape than I am and a true inspiration to young and old alike.

Like my grandma, my aunts and cousins have also been a special blessing to me - always supportive and loving, willing to lend a hand or a shoulder. My aunts Jane and Nancy are two of the kindest most giving people you will ever meet and are always willing to help - whether it be a trip to the airport, the mall, or just to get a bite to eat.

Lori and Krissy, my cousins and fellow Office fanatics, are some of the most fun people to hang out with. I can't count the hours we have spent playing scrabble, and watching the Office together or how many ribs I've knocked out of place because they've made me laugh so hard!

These are memories I will always cherish and every time I make one of grandma's recipes, use my shuffle, see my custom made Office calendar or a really cute bag, I think of these wonderful women and am inspired to be the best, feistiest Smucker woman I can =)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Laura--you are so sweet!! I (we) miss you so much! Sorry I haven't emailed you yet. You'll never guess which episode of the Office was on last night...(while at Grandma's playing Scrabble of course)..."Ryan started the fire..." lol. I had to think of you :) I'm glad the calendar is coming in handy! Love ya!!

kristinasmucker said...

Oh we miss you! Ron says, She makes me want to be the feistiest Smucker woman. It brings back days of wearing dresses, and wigs, powder in the hair... powder, powder, powder everywhere!" Now just imagine him singing it with a special beat, and add his little horn sound at the end, "DooDooDaDoo!!" haha He actually said all of this! Exact quote right here! I'll probably be killed for this later... That's what she said! Thanks for the little bag comment too!! Hours watching the office, probably like 100... Now I am going to try to be the feistiest of all, which I think you and I are in definite running for, as being the only first two get those things... haha Our little, Not So Secret, Secret! -Krissy