Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Puchichi, pain and packages

Ok so here's an update on my health status. I have a staff infection on my leg, apparently from a mosquito bite that I itched with dirty fingernails - or so tells me the doctor. Fortunately there are very good, very cheap health clinics here so the cost was 30 Bs (about $4US) for the consultation and 105 Bs (about $15 US) for the meds (and good gracious I have 3 different ones to take!!). Ironically the health clinic, Prosalud, is funded by USAID (that's right we can fund universal health care in other countries, just not our own - and yes I am bitter about that!!!!).

My leg still hurts, but I am already feeling considerably better. However, the doctor was not convinced that the fatigue I've been feeling could be attributed to the staff infection so if I'm not feeling up to par in the next week I will need to get some blood tests done. But I'm hopeful that won't be necessary.

On a different note, the package you wonderful PV folks sent me arrived safe and sound today =) Thanks so much for your encouragement and your support. I treasure you all as friends and members of my church family. Blessings, Laura

4 comments:

Ralph said...

Laura, thanks for the update on your health. It's good to know our tax dollars are doing some good! We had fun getting the package together for you and are glad it arrived OK. Talk to you tonight.

Ralph & Kathy

Unknown said...

Laura, My love.. you must take care of yourself. And of course I love your little piece there about how we can take care of other countries just not our own- totally you.

take care of yourself, allow yourself to rest a bit.. okay? I miss you dearly, and our chats. I love you very much.. hugs from nyc

Unknown said...

Okay that's it.. Im defintely coming and hopefully soon. And when I do, you must take me to the Recoleta where that picture was taken... amazing photos..im so jealous

Lori said...

Hey Cuz :) I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Take care of yourself and keep us updated! Love ya!