Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tropicana...Can I get a decision please??

It seems the older we get the more concentrated our decisions become - packed with the potential to more greatly alter life's path, perhaps because there is less time to water down those decisions if they turn out a bit too sour or a bit too sweet. As a girl, the decisions were easy - one cookie or two? - which outfit to wear to church? But now that one cookie or two can mean the difference between one pound or two?? And which outfit to wear to church is by far dwarfed by which city to go to church in?? Which graduate school to go to?? The decisions keep getting harder, and now my mom can't make them for me....
It's up to me to make my decisions and then live with them...or perhaps just make decisions I can live with. And that's hard to do when you don't know how they are going to turn out, what flavor life is going to take after that decision is poured....because life isn't one can of decision and 3 cans of time, stir and enjoy...Life is just concentrated decisions...not orange juice :)

No comments: