Tuesday, May 27, 2008

mosquito mayday

So it has finally cooled down and the mosquitos have taken the attack indoors. There is one that lives in my room and wakes me up about 3 times a week. A week or so ago I woke up with a swollen red eye (I looked like someone had slugged me) where the little unpleasant creature had bit me just beneath the eye socket where it's most sensitive. I could tolerate that, but the interruption of my sleep is unacceptable (even good coffee cannot substitute for a good night's rest). So today they put me up a mosquito net that should hopefully help me rest more peacefully at night (a peaceful alternative to taking back the blood stolen from me).
Other than yesterday being Monday (we all know how Mondays can be), there's not much new to report other than the mundanities of office life. There is soon to be a mass exodous here at MCC Bolivia with several families either leaving for good or just going on vacation for 2 months. So I'm not sure what my life will look like in the next few months - they've all been here since I got here so I'll need to adapt to yet another rhythm of life.

No comments: