Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow for a Day :)













Bright and early this morning (about 11 am for me :), after a yummy home brewed gingerbread latte, Allan and I decided it was time to venture beyond the balmy 50 degree weather of Albuquerque into the snowy Sandia peak. Now, from the second floor of our apartment complex, Sandia peak appears to have a lovely, light dusting of holiday glitter rather than a 28 inch layer of hard core snow, which is exactly what we found, along with a strong, bitterly cold wind that was enough to remind me why I don't live in Ohio anymore. After "hiking" (eg: Laura getting stuck in snow drifts and falling over)for a couple of hours I had my much needed White Christmas fix and was happy for the short drive back to more mild temperature and cloud moderated sunshine! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!! Much love and many blessings!! ~ Laura

No comments: