Monday, March 15, 2010

Sassy strawberry plant Soy :)


Bloom where you are planted. But usually only the tough weeds grow between the cracks in the cement. I don't know if I'm a tough weed. In conversation with my friend Ximena, we began talking about what images we find meaningful for understanding and talking about life. One of tough weed or delicate flower does not work for me, but a hearty little plant with flowers and sweet, juicy fruit sounds about right. I like strawberries, a lot. I love them as an image for how I understand my life - strawberry plants need the right soil, need the right amount of water, and the right amount of sunlight; I too need an environment I can thrive in and grow in. Strawberries are notorious for spreading all over the place - they send out runners in all directions and can be hard to keep under control - me too - I tend to send out runners in all directions, whether because of academic ADD or because I feel restless, or because I'm searching for the right soil - I sometimes feel like I am all over the place, but I also know that I need the space to explore, to grow, to spread so that I can bloom and enjoy the fruit of my labor. I feel like I have been looking for the right place to grow wild, but maybe I need to be okay with containment too, to "bloom where I'm planted" so to speak. I'm not sure, but I'll keep sending out runners :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Help us spread my blogg. A blogg about retractable ondes thoughts out with comprehensive themes of everyday life. texts in the form of modern poetry davidsonpensamentos.blogspot.com