Sunday, August 24, 2008

Orientation ago!

So after several months of anticipation, my SALTers and YAMEN! have safely arrived and spent their first week in Bolivia. It has been a joy getting to know them and learn their names (some faster than others), likes, and dislikes, and all the special gifts they bring to their respective assignments.

The group has been a true blessing for me. Goodness knows this could have ended up a bit of a mess, considering my inexperience in my job and the size of the group (7 in all).

Gracias a Dios, all has gone well so far. I'm sure there will be bumps and challenges along the way, but we will learn and grow together. They have been a blessing - a very chill, relaxed group who have been willing to go with the flow.

I have great hope for what they will experience in the next year and the potential for what they can learn and contribute. I hope I can help facilitate their experience and be a support for them the way others have been for me.