Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I was hungry and you...built me a huge Jesus??"


This is believed to be the largest statue of Christ in the world - it's located in Cochabamba, Bolivia - the poorest country in South America... The statue looks out over the city of Cochabamba and serves as an excellent land mark - all you have to do is "keep you eyes on Jesus" and you won't lose your way in this city of more than a million people...But I wonder if eyes were on Jesus when this statue of him was constructed...Even the rocks cry out right? I wonder what this monstrosity would say if it could speak? What would Jesus say of this creation made in his "honor"? Personally, I think he would say "Feed my sheep" "Care for the widows and orphans" "Love your neighbor and your enemy" - But I don't think he would say to invest your resources in a larger than life statue...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am with ya on this one! BUT HELLO JESUS! lol

Manda said...

Definitely agreed on this one... crazy.. would love to see that